Seagate Homes has established its name for prestigious quality built homes since 2012. These are traditionally designed with outstanding quality and attention to detail. Seagate Homes has been awarded the region’s PREMIER GUARANTEE house builder award and was nominated by Peterborough City Council for THE BEST RESIDENTIAL DESIGN, CONSTRUCTION AND WORKMANSHIP AWARDS 2012, and selected as finalist in 2014/2015 by LABC for our Home Farm Development at Helpston.
Our handpicked developments ensure that you get the very best settings in which to relax and enjoy your new home. Our attention to detail is unrivalled and great care is taken to ensure the very highest standard is achieved. These are traditionally designed with outstanding quality and attention to detail focusing on the needs of our customers. We are focused on designing the right home for our customers, together with cost effective after sales service. Our agile team can respond to the demands of our customers, always maintaining the highest quality service.
We encourage our family values throughout the workplace and are proud to be an Equal Opportunities Employer.
All of our management team have a hands-on approach in terms of delivering projects, a method which has been passed from our Directors right through the structure of the company.
We are looking for an experienced Quantity Surveyor to join our vibrant team. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of working on projects anywhere from £1 million to £20 million in value. Have experience of working on prestige developments along with the knowledge and understanding of contract requirements for working alongside local authorities and housing associations.
The successful candidate will be flexible for the needs of the business and able to work to tight schedules and contract requirements. The position will cover a 50 mile radius of PE12 7AX.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
· With assistance from other QS's, Contracts Managers & Site Managers, prepare subcontract Enquiry List for approval by the Operations Manager.
· Prepare full enquiry pack, collating all tender information, ensuring fully compliant tender packs are issued.
· Analyse tenders upon return to ensure compliant bids are received.
· Prepare detailed breakdown of build cost included within land appraisal.
· Prepare tender analysis comparing individual tenders against each other and against build cost within land appraisal.
· Prepare tender authority sheet including recommendation to Operations Manager for placing sub-contract order.
· For new contractors, ensure Health and Safety Contractor Competency Questionnaires are issued; analyse and action returned questionnaires.
· Assemble Health and Safety Policies, Method Statements and Risk Assessments.
· Ensure all health and safety information is signed off prior to placing Order.
· Compile sub-contract Order, issue for contractor to sign and ensure Order is returned prior to work commencing.
· Attend pre-start meeting, handover completed procurement pack to site team.
· Ensure sub-contractor weekly and monthly applications for payment are analysed and checked.
· Prepare interim payments for approval by the Operations Manager.
· Prepare draft budget estimates for approval by the Operations Manager.
· Issue contra-charges as appropriate.
· Liaise with Customer Care with regards to payment of remedial works and contra charge costs as appropriate
· Keep Payment Record Sheets up to date following completion of each weekly and monthly payment run.
· Highlight claims for additional works outside Budget Estimate and report to the Operations Manager.
· Settle all Final Accounts expediently after works complete.
· Carry out monthly site progress visits for all sites responsible for.
· Produce Cost to Complete reconciliation (CTC) on a monthly and report quarterly.
· Carry out cost (and value) reconciliation on all items in CTC and agree final CTC with Operations Manager.
· Agree costs with the Accounts Department by checking Monthly printout.
· Prepare Cost to Complete (Profit & Loss) notes.
Health and Safety
· Ensure all Health and Safety information is signed off prior to placing Orders.
· Ensure familiarity with companies Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities.
· Issue Variation Orders as appropriate.
· Price customer Extra's and liaise with Sales Department including Site Sales and Construction staff, Suppliers, Subcontractors and Purchasers (where required)
· Attend sites regularly and frequently to provide assistance and support to site staff.
· Ensure familiarity with Company's Health, Safety and Environmental policies and comply with employee responsibilities. At all times comply with company policies, procedures and instructions.
· Implement new ideas and methods and continue to seek ways of both improving contribution to the Company's goals and enhancing the reputation of the company.
· Authority on all cost issues of a 'standard' nature. Any major cost issues should be referred to Operations Manager.
The above information should only be used as a guide to the duties and responsibilities expected of the Quantity Surveyor. It should be noted that the duties and responsibilities might not include or be limited to the information given above as these may vary from time to time, depending on the contracts in hand and in accordance with the Directors discretion.
This is a full time position and hours of work will be 40 hours per week:
08:00hrs to 17:00hrs Monday – Friday
These hours are on site start and finish times.
· Either an undergraduate degree accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) in quantity surveying, commercial management or a related construction subject
· or a postgraduate conversion course (usually a Pg Dip or a Masters) accredited by the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (RICS)
· Site Managers Safety Training Scheme (SMSTS)
· IOSH Managing/Working Safely
· First Aid at Work
· Able to adapt communication skills to a variety of situations.
· Professional representation of Seagate Homes Group UK.
· Plan and prioritise personal objectives along with the Company’s priorities.
· Encourage others to develop themselves and act as a role model.
· Ability to adapt to a changing environment.
· Positive attitude and the ability to integrate and be an active part in the team.
· Encourages ideas and innovations for current or new situations.
· Commercial awareness and understanding of the local area and the industry.
· Remain resilient when under pressure and encourage optimism.
· Aware of own impact on others and takes peoples’ feelings and needs into consideration.
· A good working knowledge of MS Excel and the ability to learn how to use specialist software.
· Excellent relationship building and interpersonal skills.
· The ability to work as part of a team.
· The ability to negotiate.
· Attention to detail and a methodical approach to work.
· Company vehicle plus fuel card
· Competitive Salary Package dependent upon qualifications and experience
· Mobile phone and laptop
· Free Office Parking
· 25 days holiday plus all bank holidays
· Continuous training and development
· Excellent opportunities for career progression
· Health & wellbeing support from qualified MHFA Adult First Aiders
· We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Branch Location: Holbeach PE12 7AX
Responsible to: Director